1:1 VOIP and PSTN call recording and transcription in Calls App V2
Microsoft Teams will now release ability to record and transcribe 1:1 VOIP and PSTN calls and show the recording and transcription in Call history in the calls details panel. This is a critical feature specifically for our Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) customers. In absence of chat, PSTN callees do not have a way to view call recordings and transcriptions.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 83497
When this will happen:
- We expect to begin this roll out to Standard and GCC tenants in late September and expect the rollout to be completed by mid-October.
- We expect to begin this roll out to GCC-High and DoD tenants in late October and expect the rollout to be completed by mid- November.
How this will affect your organization:
- Call Transcription for 1:1 PSTN and VOIP calls will show in call history in call details panel.
- Call Recording for 1:1 PSTN and VOIP calls will show in call history in call details panel.
- Users can delete recording from chat and the recording will not show in call history in call details panel.
- If there are multiple recordings in a call, they will show in a list form in call history in call details panel.
Meeting Recording Chicklet in Call details panel
Call Details Panel
Meeting Transcript in Call Details Panel
What you need to do to prepare:
Teams admins will need to make sure that AllowCloudRecordingForCalls and AllowTranscriptionForCallingis turned on to enable recording and transcription of 1:1 VOIP and PSTN calls.
Message ID: MC279469