OneDrive sync client 64-bit update available for Windows
We are making a 64-bit version of the OneDrive sync client available for Windows.
When this will happen
- Insiders: rollout begins early April
- General availability: rollout should be mid-April through the end of April
- Preview: download available now
How this will affect your organization
We will silently update user devices from the 32-bit version to the 64-bit version. All functionality is the same as it is in the 32-bit installation.
For preview customers: users can download and install a 64-bit version of OneDrive: 64-bit preview package
What you need to do to prepare
You might want to notify your users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.
Note: The OneDrive 64-bit version is only for AMD64 devices. For ARM64 devices, you should continue to use the 32-bit version of OneDrive.
- Choose between the 64-bit and 32-bit version of OneDrive
- OneDrive sync app update process
- Overview of update channels for Microsoft 365 Apps
Message ID: MC249393