Meetings-related metric updates in user activity report for better insights clarity
We’re updating user activity report metrics in Microsoft 365 admin center and Teams admin center.
- Timing: early February 2021
- Roll-out: tenant level
- Control type: admin UI
- Action: review and assess
How this will affect your organization
We are separating meeting metric types to better clarify each metric definition and purpose.
- We are dividing meeting frequency into three types: one time, reoccurring, and adhoc; the total metric sums them all.
- We are dividing users two meeting roles:
- Organized meeting – the user is organizing the meeting
- Participated meeting – the user is participating in the meeting
With this change, these field metrics will be updated:
- ‘Meeting organized’ and ‘Meeting participated’ metrics will be removed.
- ‘Meeting organized schedule’ will be renamed to “Meeting organized schedule one time’.
- ‘Meeting participated schedule’ will be renamed to ‘Meeting participated schedule one time’.
- ‘Total Meetings’ will be renamed to ‘Total participated meetings’, which reflects what it currently measures.
There are also new metrics:
- ‘Meeting organized schedule recurring’
- ‘Meeting participated schedule recurring’
- ‘Total organized meetings’
There is no change to ‘Meeting organized adhoc’ and ‘Meeting participated adhoc’.
What you need to do to prepare
If you have automated business processes that consume these data, you may need to adjust them accordingly.
You might want to notify your users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.