Removing the option to use ‘Office Presentation Service’ from the Windows version of PowerPoint
We will be retiring the feature ‘Office Presentation Service’ from the Windows version of PowerPoint (starting with build 16.0.14122.100000). We will be removing the ‘Office Presentation Service’ option/button from the “Present Online” menu under SlideShow ribbon in PowerPoint for Windows. Instead we recommend the utilization of “Present Live” in PowerPoint for the Web which is where we will continue to invest.
- Timing: We’ll be gradually rolling this out to customers in Current Channel beginning in early June as part of the monthly release of PowerPoint.
- Action: educate users on the change and use of ‘Present Live’ in PowerPoint for the Web (aka Live Presentations)
How this will affect your organization:
Once this change is implemented users will no longer be able to broadcast their presentation from the PowerPoint Windows application (build 16.0.14122.100000)
Using “Present Live” in PowerPoint for the Web (aka Live Presentations) will allow users to:
- Presenters to broadcast a presentation to an in-room audience.
- Presenter to limit control to just people in your organization.
- Audience members can see a presentation on their devices.
- Audience members can read live subtitles in their preferred language while you speak (Subtitles in 60+ languages)
- Audience can use “pinch to zoom” to see the slides more clearly on mobile devices.
- Audience can send live reactions to the presenter, and navigate back to review previous slides
What you can do to prepare:
Instead of using ‘Office Presentation Service’ in PowerPoint we recommend using ‘Present Live’ in PowerPoint for the Web . Additionally, you may consider updating your training and documentation as appropriate.
Find more information about “Live Presentations” here: Present Live: Engage your audience with Live Presentations
Message ID: MC259921