Updating Teams live event ‘Always record’ recording policy
We are changing the behavior of the ‘Never record’ recording policy for Microsoft Teams live events.
- Timing: late April
- Roll-out: tenant level
- Control type: user control and admin control
- Action: review and assess by April 26, 2021
How this will affect your organization
Before this update, the Teams live events organizer could enable attendee recordings despite your having set the Teams live event Recording policy to ‘Never record.’
With this change, when the Teams Live Event Recording policy is set to ‘Never record’, all live events will have the recordings disabled for everyone: the presenter, organizer, and attendees.
There are now three policy settings:
- Always record
- Never record
- Organizer can record or not
What you need to do to prepare
In the left navigation of the Microsoft Teams admin center, go to Meetings > Live events policies.
- Set the recording policy to ‘Organizer can record or not’ if you wish to grant Teams Live Event organizers the ability choose whether or not to record a live event.
- If you do not wish to grant organizers that autonomy, then use the ‘Never record’ policy.
You can also manage these policies using Windows PowerShell.
Learn more: Teams Live Event Recording policies.
Message ID: MC246706