In-product announcements for the Yammer website rebrand to Viva Engage
We are thrilled to share the exciting news that the rebranding of Yammer and all its surfaces is nearly complete! The Yammer website, the SharePoint and embed integrations, as well as the Power Automate integration rebranding will take place during the last week of June of 2023.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 117366
When this will happen:
We will begin rolling out in early May 2023 and complete by late June 2023.
How this will affect your organization:
There will be no impact to the existing profile, posts, bookmarks, etc. All rebranding updates don’t require additional actions; changes will be automatic. Outside of branding changes, there are no changes to the features, capabilities, and investments for Microsoft 365 customers. You will continue to experience and benefit from all the powerful features of Viva Engage just as you did with Yammer.
To ensure all users are fully informed and engaged in this stage of the rebranding process, we have developed an exciting in-product announcement plan that will provide key information at specific moments.
Our announcement plan is tailored to specific audiences, and it’s structured into two phases: prior the website rebranding and on the website rebranding date.
As shared in previous posts, to help make the transition as smooth as possible, we have also created a rebranding toolkit that includes a range of templates, logos, and other resources to help communicate the change. It can be found – here
Before the rebranding date
- Reminder banner only visible to network admins
- We will begin rolling out in early May 2023 a dismissible banner on our website that will only be visible to network admins. The banner has been designed to serve as a helpful reminder to admins of the upcoming change and provide them with a convenient link to the rebranding toolkit, which contains valuable resources to assist them in effectively communicating the change to their teams.
- Heads-up banner visible to all users
- This banner will be displayed on the website and will be visible to all users. Its purpose is to provide a heads-up to users about the upcoming change and prepare them for what’s to come. We will begin rolling out this banner mid-June 2023, two weeks prior to the rebranding date.
On the rebranding date
- Announcement dialog on the website
- We will roll out in late June, the day of the rebranding, an announcement banner. Users who access the website will be greeted with a welcoming dialog that will inform them of the brand name change. Once users dismiss the dialog, they will be able to access the rebranded experience.
- Announcement banner on email digests
- In addition to the website dialog, we want to ensure that users who consume content through email are also made aware of the rebranding. To achieve this, we have included a banner in the digests that will be visible for a period of two weeks. We will begin rolling out this banner late June 2023.
What you need to do to prepare:
There is no action needed to prepare for this change. You may want to notify your users about this change and update any relevant documentation as appropriate.
Message ID: MC541154
No comments yet