Join meetings anonymously from your Teams desktop app (across clouds)
Today, if you want to join a meeting hosted in a different cloud to one of your tenant, you are directed to use the Teams web experience. We are improving the experience to allow users to join meetings across clouds from their desktop app anonymously.
- Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 86311
- Timing: We will begin rolling this out in mid-October and expect to complete rollout by late November. There will be 3 phases as part of this overall rollout:
- Phase 1: Standard and GCC customers will be able to join meetings in GCC-High and DOD clouds.
- Phase 2: GCC-High customers will be able to to join meetings in Standard, GCC and DOD clouds.
- Phase 3: DOD customers will be able to join meetings in Standard, GCC, and GCC-High clouds.
- Roll-out: tenant level
- Action: review and assess
How this will affect your organization:
Once this rolls out, users will be able to join meetings in other clouds anonymously from their Teams desktop app (across clouds).
This change honors the existing setting for Anonymous users can join a meeting.
What you need to do to prepare:
Review your existing settings for Anonymous users can join a meeting to ensure the correct experience is enabled for your organization. Additionally, consider updating your training and documentation as appropriate.
Message ID: MC285905