Microsoft Purview | Information protection: Co-authoring encrypted documents on mobile devices (GA)
Currently available in public preview (MC337330), the ability to co-author Microsoft Purview Information Protection encrypted documents on both Android and iOS mobile devices will soon be generally available.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 98089.
When this will happen:
Rollout will begin in late August and is expected to be complete by mid-September.
How this will affect your organization:
With this update, users will be able to collaborate seamlessly on documents encrypted with Microsoft Purview Information Protection from mobile devices (Android and iOS). This allows for greater flexibility and productivity on the go and supports hybrid and remote work scenarios. This expands on existing co-authoring support for Windows and Mac desktops and Office on the web.
What you need to do to prepare:
To use this feature, install or update Office Mobile, Word, Excel, or PowerPoint to version 16.0.14931 or higher on Android or 2.58.207 or higher on iOS.
Note: This feature is gated by the ‘Co-authoring for files with sensitivity labels’ setting for your tenant in the Microsoft Purview compliance portal (Global admin rights required).
- If you have already enabled the setting to use co-authoring on Desktop apps, mobile support will be enabled automatically on the supported versions.
- If you have not, you can opt-in to the setting to enable Co-authoring for both Desktop and Mobile apps when ready
To get started, visit the Microsoft Purview compliance portal:
- Microsoft Purview compliance portal for WW commercial and GCC cloud environments
- Microsoft Purview compliance portal for GCC-High cloud environments
- Microsoft Purview compliance portal for DoD cloud environments
Learn more: Enable co-authoring for encrypted documents
Message ID: MC412835