SharePoint Auto News Digest updates
You may already know about and use the SharePoint automatic news digest, which is sent to users with news that is relevant to them. We are adding new features to enhance the experience:
- The ability to brand your digest with your organization’s theme colors and logo
- Intelligent ranking so that users see the news most relevant to them
- Enhanced design for easier consumption of news
- Upcoming Feature: This update to the news digest will also reflect organization boosted news when is available in your organization. You can follow the Boost feature roll out with this Roadmap ID: 70606
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID: 70606
When this will happen
We will gradually roll out these updates to targeted release customers starting in mid April, and will complete the rollout to all customers by the end of June
How this will affect your organization
Users who already receive the existing automatic news digest will start receiving this updated version.
- The news digest is sent on a weekly basis.
- Only published news posts are sent in the digest.
- If there are no news posts that are relevant for the user then no email is sent to the user.
- If your organization has boosted news items which users have not read, these will be sent in the digest.
- Only news posts which users have access to view are sent, so rest assured that users won’t see news that they don’t have permission to access.
- If users want to opt-out of receiving the automatic digest, they can click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email.
- If your organization site is already branded, that branding will automatically be applied to automatic news digests.
What you need to do to prepare
There is nothing you need to do to prepare. You may consider updating your training and documentation as appropriate.
To learn more about the auto new digest and how to manage:
Message ID: MC248207