Microsoft Teams: Watermark support for recording playback (Premium)
Recording can now be enabled for watermarked meetings (Watermark feature requires a Teams Premium license). An email ID will be displayed as the watermark during the meeting recording playback. Once a meeting has concluded, users can access the recorded content on both web and mobile platforms to watch the recording with watermarking.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 137654
When this will happen:
We will begin rolling out in mid-October and expect to complete by late October.
How this will affect your organization:
IT admins can now encourage meeting hosts to enable recording for watermarked meetings. The recording playback will be watermarked with the participants’ email ID to avoid information leakage and add a layer of protection.
What you need to do to prepare:
You may need to update the documentation for your users to mention the existence of this feature.
- In a watermarked meeting, the meeting organizer and the co-organizer can now start recording by clicking on the “start recording” button.
- Once the meeting/recording has ended, participants can retrieve the link in the meeting chat and open the recording on the web.
- When the recording is opened on the web, they will see their individual email ID as the watermark on the meeting.
- When a meeting is recorded by the organizer, it will be saved onto their SharePoint and be able to download since they are the owner of the recording.
- The download option is only for the person who recorded the meeting (file owner). The owner can provide access to the other person.
- On the recording, it will add the email ID of the user who clicked on the recording file to watch the recording playback in the browser.
- The owner of the file will see their own email ID all over the recording.
- As a participant/other viewer of the file, if I watch the recording on the web, I would see my email ID all over the recording.
You can find more details about Watermark in Teams Premium in this documentation: Watermark for Teams meetings.
Message ID: MC675501